Things you will need :
2 cups of glutinous rice ( from your Asian grocer or supermarket if they have them) '
1 can of coconut milk or cream
Water to soak rice in and to cook
2 ripe mangoes or more if you like lots of mangoes.
1/4 teaspoon of salt
5 small cubes of palm sugar or brown sugar if you don't have them
- Soak glutinous rice in one cup of water overnight
- Do not drain liquid
- Add soaked rice and liquid to pot, add in salt, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or palm sugar
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Once coconut has been absorb into rice, turn off heat but let sit.
- Now, you will need to make the coconut sauce.
- Put the remainder coconut cream/ milk into a milk pan. Add in the rest of palm sugar, taste test the sweetness. Add more or less as you wish
- Do not let it boil. Turn off heat
- Remove skin and cut up mangoes.
- Served warmed rice with freshly cut mangoes and pour coconut sauce over it!
- Yum Yum in my tummy time :) If you are like me, you'd loved the coconut sauce and want to drown the sticky rice in it.. see my last photo :) LOL