|Frosting, straight after oven|
|Having a snooze, rise my babies!|
|Just keep on rolling!|
|Stop eating the brown sugar!|
|Do I look fat in this angle?|
So, after watching several videos, and drooling at the the photos on her Facebook page, I am finally confident enough to attempt baking this. I've broken down the steps even more so it is easier to understand for the novice baker.
1 Sachet of yeast (7gm)
1 Cup warm Buttermilk
½ Cup warm water to activate yeast
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup melted butter
1 Teaspoon salt
4 cups plain flour
1 Cup dark brown sugar
2½ =Tablespoons cinnamon
⅓ Cup softened butter or margarine
8 tablespoons softened butter or margarine
1½ cups icing sugar
½ cup cream cheese
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water to activate the yeast. Set aside.
2. Then warm buttermilk with melted butter in a pan. Add the sugar. Do not let it boil.
3. Put all dough ingredients into a mixer and mix until dough is sticky.
4. Take it out and knead into a smooth ball.
5. Greased a bowl and put the kneaded dough in. Cover it up with a glad wrap.
6. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size. I place mine near a heater.
7. Punch and roll until approximately ½ cm thick.
8. Filling: Beat butter until creamy, add brown sugar and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Spread over the dough.
9. Roll up lengthwise. Cut into pieces.
10. Placed cut pieces on greased tray. Cover it up with cling wrap and leave aside for an hour in a warm place. The pieces will expand in size again.
11. Remove cling wrap after an hour and put tray in oven.
12. Heat oven to 190°C and bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown around the edges.
13. Icing: While the buns are baking, beat the icing ingredients together and spread generously over each roll while still hot out of oven.
You can also follow my Kitchen Antics on my Instagram http://instagram.com/yummystuffgoesh
The End ;) Nom NOM NOM.