I had a free weekend and so I thought that I might bake something. I had watched this video on Tips Hero and wanted to give the recipe a try. So basically, it's an apple rosette, slices of cooked apples rolled in pastry to look like roses. It was so pretty!
Watch the video. http://tiphero.com/baked-apple-roses/
I made more than six roses and I mixed up some spiced brown sugar instead of fruit preserves for fillings. So, here is the recipe from the link.
Here’s what you need to make 6 of your own roses:
-4 apples, cored and halved (leave the skin on)
-Juice from 1/2 lemon
-3 Tbsp fruit preserves ( I used apricot but you can use your favorite fruit)
-2 Tbsp water (plus more for apple soak)
-1 sheet of puff pastry
-Cinnamon, to taste
– Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
– Put apple slices in microwave safe bowl. Fill bowl with water and juice from half a lemon. Use enough water to make sure apple slices are covered by water. Microwave for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices and make them more pliable for rolling up.
– Next grab a sheet of puff pastry. Flour your board and roll out the puff pastry enough to make 6 strips at 3 inches wide. I scored and cut mine with a pizza wheel put you can use a knife.
– In a bowl mix your favorite fruit preserves with a couple tablespoons of water. Then spoon out the preserves in the center of the strip of puff pastry.
– Next place the apple slices long ways halfway on the strip. Keep adding slices until you reach the end. Then fold the puff pastry over the bottom of the apple slices.
– Roll up the puff pastry and place in a greased muffin tin.
– Bake the apple roses for 35-45 minutes.
– Pull out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes.