Ingredients for 2 diners
- 1 large Brinjal
- 200 gram of okra
- 1* piece of roasted shrimp paste (belacan)
- 6* large shallots
- 5* cloves of garlic
- 5* red chillies ( I use Habenaro for extreme heat)
- salt and sugar to taste
- Grind the chillies, garlic, shrimp paste and shallots to make the spice paste, put aside.
- Slice the okra, set aside.
- Cut whole Brinjal into 5 cm length pieces and pan fry lightly on each side to brown. Set aside
- Stir fry the spice paste in oil in a heated wok. Add in some sugar, allow to melt and watch the paste cooked and changed colour.
- Tossed in the okra and cooked brinjal into the wok, stir to mix well with the paste.
- Remove and serve with steam rice.