The Brodin household has been sick lately, started off with me, now passed on to son. Poor thing! At least I am not trying to excavate his nostrils, bahahahhah.....the poor boy is congested! So I made him take his meds and vitamin c tabs and I am now boiling pearl barley for him to drink. I will add some lemon for him so that it will taste like lemon barley.
- Rinse barley as you would washing rice before cooking. Some people leave the barley soaking overnite but I don't have time for that right now.
- Put in large pot, add water and turn on stove. Keep boiling till water turns cloudy from the barley
- If you have pandan leaves, add that in. To make it smell nice and taste nice. But no pandan leaves in Wagga....... so screw it, just boil the damn thing.... LOL
- Strain, let sick boy drink the juice.
- Add a drop of lemon juice or lemon slice. Drink it warm. The barley can also be eaten ;) don't waste it!
Photos as below;